Ghetto Fab Pumpkin Soup
Times can be tough, but this recipe will see you eating like Prince William for less than five bones in a few easy steps.
You will need:
– Machete. Or a knife will do;
– Large pot;
– Food processor or blender.
– 1/4 or 1/2 pumpkin, diced up to around inch chunks;
– Jug of boiling water, around 1-2 liters;
– 1 tbs mixed herbs;
– 1 tbs crushed garlic
– 1 tbs paprika;
– 1 tsp salt or to taste;
– 1 tsp ground pepper;
– Dash of chili powder or chili sauce;
– 200ish ml coconut cream;
Optional if you’re feeling pimp: chopped fresh coriander.
1. Get your blade and remove skin from pumpkin. Chop the shit outta it, and put into a big ass pot. Smaller the bits, the better.
2. Fill pot with boiling water until it just covers over the diced pumpkin. Too much water will mean you’re waiting too long and I know you got shit to do.
3. Add everything else in, except the coconut cream. If you’ve already added it, no sweat.
4. Bring this mix to boil, then drop to simmer for around 25-30 minutes. Keep an eye on this and stir occasionally so shit don’t burn.
5. You know it’s hot to trot when the pumpkin is soft and begun to liquefy. Add in coconut cream and stir. Have a taste and add anything else you think will be gangs.
6. Remove from heat, let cool and then chuck in food processor to smooth it out.
7. Get some buttery toast, a comfy chair and enjoy.